- to develop knowledge, understanding and practice of the fine arts of Sri Lanka
- to increase the accessibility of works of art to the public in Sri Lanka
- to preserve, promote and encourage the development of Sri Lankan indigenous arts and crafts
- to improve the quality and standards of arts of Sri Lanka
- to advise and co-operate with, Government departments, local authorities and other bodies on the arts of Sri Lanka
APPOINTMENT OF PANELS
The Art Council of Sri Lanka is overseen by the Board of Five Executive members (Board). The Board is appointed by the Minister for the Education and comprises a range of expertise across artistic practice. One of the executive members will be appointed as the President/Chairman of the Arts Council by the Minister.
These five members appointed by the Minister will appoint the members for the sub committee. Inclusive of the president the total number of members will be ten or more. The present Arts Council is formed with eleven (11) such sub committees / panels.
- Literature Advisory Board
- Drama Advisory Board
- Music Advisory Board
- Dance & Ballet Advisory Board
- Visual Art Advisory Board
- Advisory Board for Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Cinema Advisory Board
- Television Arts Advisory Board
- Radio Advisory Board
- Photography Advisory Board
- News Papers & Social Media Advisory Board
To be the premier institute for Sri Lankan Artists and to ensure their creative work is recognized and reached the highest level internationally and enrich the Sri Lankan community and their life through the arts.
To protect, appreciate and support current innovative creative arts practice in Sri Lanka while preserving, promoting and encouraging the development of indigenous arts and crafts of Sri Lanka; to encourage and empower creative industries; to develop knowledge, understanding and practice of the arts and crafts; to improve the standards of execution in creative arts while increasing the accessibility of works of arts to the public in Sri Lanka; to advise, and co-operate with, Government departments, local authorities and other bodies on any matter concerned directly or indirectly with the objectives of Arts Council of Sri Lanka.